June 10, 2008
1E to speak alongside Dell and Microsoft at Green IT Event by Executive Council
What?: "Green IT Getting Beyond the Hype: Ways to Get CostSavings Now While Enhancing your Corporate Citizenship"
1E CEO Sumir Karayi, will be speaking at the Executive Council's Green IT forum, an event that will help companies translate environmental commitment into meaningful actions. Presenters will discuss how technology can help businesses reduce the environmental impact of their organization.
Executives will gain insight about working with organizations around the globe to help increase the value that technology can bring to meeting environmental challenges and discover effective programs, solutions and services for IT Eco Efficiency that drive improved financial results and measurable environmental benefits.
Key topics include:
- How technology can sustain the environment in the 21st century
- How the Green Grid Consortium and Climate Saver Initiative are working to advance energy efficiency in the office and the data center
- How executives can track energy consumption and greenhouse gases within their companies
Who should attend?:
- Enterprise executives with responsibility for IT and finance, corporate social responsibility, and environmental sustainability programs
- Real estate professionals seeking to improve returns and environmental performance of commercial property
- IT system manufacturers and distributors that want to communicate the environmental attributes of their products
- CFOs, controllers, senior sales and marketing, legal
- Keynote Speaker: Rob Bernard, Chief Environmental Strategist, Microsoft
- Sumir Karayi, CEO and CTO, 1E
- Michael Murphy, Senior Manager, Worldwide Environmental Affairs, Dell, Inc.
- William Brent, Head of Cleantech Practice, Weber Shandwick · Brian Dumaine, Editorial Director, Fortune Small Business
When?: Tuesday, June 10, 2008 – 8:00 am to 11:00 am (Breakfast will be served)
Where?: New York Yacht Club, 37 West 44th Street (Between 5th & 6th Avenue)