Have you entered the Windows XP Danger Zone?
The deadline for Windows migrations is getting nearer. Top analysts have always recommended that organizations carefully plan their Windows 7 or 8 deployments, and start early.
Those who started late or haven’t started risk becoming one of the 50 percent of firms that will fail to complete their deployments before Windows XP support ends.
It’s better to spend money on moving off Windows XP in 2013 instead of spending it on Custom Support for Windows XP in 2014 and 2015. With many hardware vendors discontinuing support for hardware drivers for XP from January 2013 and Microsoft Extended Support for Windows XP expiring on April 8, 2014 you have three options:
- Migrate to Windows 7 or Windows 8 by the deadline
- Run XP “at your own risk”
- Negotiate fees for custom support (Microsoft doesn’t want to deliver custom support so it’s not going to be cheap)
How do you know if you are going to complete the migration before the deadline without any issues?
- If it typically takes half a day to migrate one to four computers, how long will it take you or your services partner to upgrade the entire organization?
- Will it be physically possible to get to all the PCs in time? If you are running a hardware refresh, can you really upgrade all your users in this timescale?
- If you have to put more and more people onto the project, how much is it going to cost?
- Is client virtualization (VDI) really going to solve all your problems?
- What about your mobile users?
- How are you going to keep your users happy and the business running while this is happening?
1E breaks the paradigm for Windows migrations – we do it completely differently
We have the talent
- Our consultants have worked on hundreds of projects and have years of experience working on complex Microsoft projects
We have the technology
- We have software that automates the tasks that most companies are using people to do
- We have a development team focused only on developing the technology to make Windows migrations projects quicker, easier and successful
- Our unique solutions (Nomad, AppClarity and Shopping) automatically manage the migration of 90% of your PCs without human intervention or costly desk visits
We can show you exactly how much it will cost and how much time it will take, no uncertainty
Our approach is future-proofed, next time it will be repeatable and easy (e.g. Windows 8)
There is no longer a “one solution fits all” approach for OS deployments as the provision of OS and the delivery ofbusiness applications need to be scalable and efficient as well as adapt to the changing ways in which people work.
The cost savings that can be realized by using Nomad Enterprise v4.0 with Microsoft. Configuration Manager 2012
Customer VideosA Fortune 500 Company, Brian Mason
“The only way we know to manage 350,000 machines is by using Nomad, otherwise I’d be babysitting thousands of distributions points and I don’t have time for that.”