Empowerment through education
Our company is committed to creating change through formal and skills-based education.
On this page, you’ll learn about four projects we’re proud to support.
Journey to Self-Reliance
We support nine young adults from humble backgrounds as they pursue higher education. In addition to educational expenses, we take care of living expenses and other needs whenever required.
- Ashok works at HCL and pursues a Bachelor’s in Computer Applications (BCA)
- Shubham pursues hotel management at the Institute of Hotel Management in Gurdaspur, Punjab
- Prachi trains at the Frankfinn Institute of Airhostess Training
- Tarun interned with 1E in our Noida office, and pursues a Bachelor’s in Computer Applications
Home for Boys
Manav Mandir Gurukul Ashram
The Manav Mandir Gurukul Ashram in Sarai Kale Khan, New Delhi provided a home for destitute and orphaned children.
We worked with the ashram from 2002 to 2022, funding private school tuition, life skills education, after-school tutoring, and transportation for 26 children and young adults.
- Mohit interns with HCL
- Suparas pursues a Diploma in Pharmacy and training in the Pharmacy Dept. of G.B. Pant hospital at Delhi
- Divya and Shikha study history at Delhi University
- Rishi interned with 1E in our Noida office
To promote their wellbeing, we have employed a full time Child Psychologist. We organize expert workshops on diet and decision-making, career counselling, sex education, and other topics. We also sponsor medical insurance, health checkups, and flu vaccinations.
Our mentoring program features volunteers from our Noida office to guide the children in Classes 11 and 12 in their decisions and preparation for university and beyond.
During pandemic lockdown, 1E donated laptops and paid for internet connections to ensure uninterrupted online studies.
Even though Manav Mandir closed in March 2022, we continue to support many of the children and young adults as they pursue higher education. Our vision is to ensure that all the children can provide for themselves and lead independent lives once they complete their education.