1E and sustainableIT extend their partnership into Australia and New Zealand
sustainableIT now offers Efficient IT solutions from 1E to Australasian organisations
Sydney, Australia – 28 February 2012 – 1E, the global leader in IT efficiency software, today announced that it has extended its strategic partnership with sustainableIT, a recognized leader in the field of green ICT and sustainable computing. An existing partner in South Africa since 2008, sustainableIT enhances its consultancy and implementation capabilities in Australia and New Zealand by offering the full suite of Efficient IT solutions from 1E to organizations in the region.
“We are excited to bring sustainableIT on board in Australia and New Zealand at a critical time in the region’s history. Pilloried for being the world’s worst polluter per capita and facing a carbon tax, Australia in particular has a big challenge ahead. We can help Australian organizations reduce their energy use by focusing specifically on corporate PCs and servers, which account for 60% of IT energy use. Our solutions clearly demonstrate where energy waste is occurring and help customers take steps to make savings – in terms of cost, CO2 emissions and electricity consumption,” comments Sumir Karayi, CEO, 1E.
“When we looked to develop our sales channel in the region, sustainableIT was an obvious choice, largely because of the traction it had with deploying our Efficient IT solutions in the South African market over the past four years,” comments Sumir Karayi, CEO, 1E.
“The impending Clean Energy Act is making Australian organizations look at their energy costs. Faced with having to pay one of the highest prices per tonne of carbon in the world – almost double that of anywhere in Europe – organizations know they need to take steps to reduce their energy use,” comments Jon James, Director, sustainableIT.
“Coupling sustainableIT’s consulting capabilities with 1E’s proven power management leadership and Microsoft Gold Partner status is strategically important for both organisations as we look to help ICT departments locally make a difference to their organizational carbon footprints.”
As part of the agreement, sustainableIT offers five IT Efficiency solutions from 1E:
- NightWatchman® Enterprise, which is the market-leading and most comprehensive PC power management solution available today. It addresses the estimated 50% of PCs that are left on, draining power unnecessarily, overnight and on weekends.
- NightWatchman® Server Edition, which addresses the estimated AUS $20 billion wasted globally by running servers that are not doing any Useful Work.
- AppClarity™, which immediately identifies and accurately quantifies software waste, empowering organisations to automatically reclaim software assets, so that they only use – and pay for – the software and licenses they need.
- Nomad Enterprise®, which uses spare network bandwidth to deliver operating system upgrades, software deployments and patches safely and securely to thousands of PCs and servers, day or night, with zero disruption.
- Shopping™, which is the app store for the enterprise, which enables software self-service and automates the request, approval and delivery process, minimising software requests to the helpdesk.
Emilie Ditton, Research Manager, IDC Australia, says: “Green IT products and services can deliver benefits such as cost, time, power and energy savings as well as lower waste production, while also utilizing fewer resources. According to our latest Forecast for Management survey from May 2011, 36.8% of the 239 Australian respondents we polled have already deployed Green IT initiatives, while a further 28.5% plan to deploy green IT initiatives in the next 12 to 24 months. It is clear that good progress is being made.”
1E has a number of existing customers in Australia and New Zealand, including the City of Melbourne, Sydney Harbour Foreshore Authority and Kiwibank. In South Africa, 1E and sustainableIT share a number of significant customers including direct insurance leader OUTsurance and one of South Africa’s leading financial services groups SANLAM.
Established in 2008, sustainableIT is recognized as a market leader in the field of green ICT and sustainable computing. We offer leading edge technology solutions and consulting services to companies embarking upon a carbon reduction strategy. This includes technology specifically geared to reducing energy consumption within a company’s IT infrastructure. With offices in Sydney and Cape Town sustainableIT specializes in strategy, consulting and technology solutions that organisations can implement to reduce and manage carbon emissions.
Jon James | sustainableIT Australia
Office: +61 (0)2 8985 7365