Inaugural awards recognize impressive IT initiatives across industries
London and New York – Sept. 30, 2014 – 1E, the global leader in IT efficiency software, today announced the winners of its first annual 1E Excellence Awards, which recognized major accomplishments by its customers over the past year. The winners will be honored at 1E’s Analyst Day, which will be held on Tuesday, October 21 in Boston.
1E’s sales team voted on the most impressive customer IT initiatives. This year’s winners are:
- IT Migration (SCCM) Superhero: One of the world’s leading financial institutions for managing approximately 368,000 clients with System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager. With Nomad, company managed migrations with an extremely small server infrastructure foot print – 12 servers per site – which is an astounding 10,000:1 clients-to-server ratio.
- IT Migration (Windows) Superhero: A major North American bank for achieving the highest deployment velocity to date, serving over 1800 machines on a daily basis. Most of its migrations were automated, making it the speediest deployment to date.
- Best Overall Software Distribution implementation: One of the largest automobile auctioneers for its work with Nomad and application mapping. It was one of 1E’s first customers to embrace application mapping, which helped reduce efforts to deploy apps to its end users and cut back on manual processes across the 12,000 seat estate.
- Most Successful Enterprise App Store implementation: A global soft drinks leader for its use of 1E’s Shopping, which serves over 60,000 endpoints. The initiative had a high rate of internal adoption, with nearly 15,000 applications deployed on a monthly basis.
- Ultimate XP Migration Cost-Cutter: Through a project track riddled with high demands, expectations of ongoing capability uplift, and more hands needed than available within current staff – a need to achieve “ultimate in automation, efficiency and hard cost savings” was a requirement. A US-based health insurer working closely with 1E, found innovative and cost effective ways of leveraging the 1E toolset to build a migration process that is highly automated, fault tolerant and one that will be easily ported into business as usual.
- Maximum Power Savings & Reduction in CO2 Footprint: A multinational banking and financial services corporation for its implementation of NightWatchman to minimize outages and downtime. It was one of the largest and most successful deployments of NightWatchman in a complex environment, and has helped Citi Group recognize a savings of $12.5 million.
“These customers are great examples of how efficient and effective IT can truly be,” said Sumir Karayi, CEO of 1E. “When companies think about these projects, they’re often daunted by what they hear about traditional migrations – the cost, the time and the resources – but our customers have proved the stereotype wrong and have demonstrated how IT should be done. We’re very honored to have worked with them this far and look forward to another year of continued success.”
Special mentions for this year’s 1E Customer Excellence Awards include projects completed with Lloyds Banking Group, NCR and Pedcor.
Zero-Touch Windows Migration has enabled some of the world’s largest organizations to migrate hundreds of thousands of users to Windows 7 and 8. These migrations have occurred in the most complex, bandwidth-challenged environments. For more information, please visit www.1E.com.