London and Austin – September 26, 2023 – 1E, a Digital Employee Experience platform leader, has recently been authorized by the Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVE) Program as a CVE Numbering Authority (CNA).
CVE is an international, community-based effort that relies on the global cybersecurity community to discover and report vulnerabilities. The mission of the program is to identify, define, and catalog publicly disclosed cybersecurity vulnerabilities, enhancing collaboration and coordination among cybersecurity professionals and organizations to protect systems and networks from cyber threats. The CVE Board, which oversees the program, includes representatives from industry, academia, and government organizations from around the world.
The program provides numerous cybersecurity benefits and value:
- Consistent descriptions of vulnerabilities: Partners from various organizations worldwide publish CVE records to provide consistent and standardized descriptions of vulnerabilities. This ensures that information technology and cybersecurity professionals can discuss and understand the same vulnerability.
- Coordination and prioritization: CVE records are used to prioritize addressing vulnerabilities.
- CVE Numbering Authorities (CNAs): The CVE List is built and maintained by CNAs such as 1E. These organizations are responsible for assigning CVE IDs to vulnerabilities.
- Integration with The U.S. National Vulnerability Database (NVD): The CVE list feeds into the NVD, making it a critical component of the overall cybersecurity ecosystem.
- Time and cost savings: CVE enables two or more people or tools to refer to a vulnerability using its assigned CVE ID, ensuring that they are talking about the same issue. This results in significant time and cost savings when addressing vulnerabilities.
We are excited to contribute and grow our efforts in building a more secure digital infrastructure for society.
More than 500 organizations in 42 countries trust 1E to help them create a better Digital Employee Experience (DEX). The 1E Platform provides real-time diagnosis, remediation, and automation to proactively fix issues before they ruin the workday. Reduce costs, move faster, and increase employee happiness with 1E. For more information, visit 1E.com.