To coincide with our recent release of Tacyhon 5.2, Director of Product Marketing, Michael Wright spent some time with 1E’s Senior Product Manager, Adrian Todd, to go behind the scenes with Tachyon.
I recently had the pleasure of interviewing our Senior Product Manager for all things Tachyon. As an avid Product Marketer, I personally love hearing the origin story for a solution, what motivates the team behind a product, and ultimately take an opportunity to humanise enterprise software where possible – something Adrian and I accomplish in our 20 minutes together.
Before Adrian helped to launch Tachyon, he was living and breathing Nomad, so you can expect him to share some keen insights on the recent developments for Nomad now that the solution has moved into our Tachyon platform. Adrian also unpacks the breadth of extensibility possible within Tachyon to make it your own. Whether that’s via customizable instructions or being built on an API first framework so Tachyon fits nicely into your existing software environment. There’s plenty more we talk about of course, but I don’t want to give away too many spoiler alerts.
So, join me as I take the time to shine a spotlight on the work Adrian has been up to with the recent Tachyon 5.2 release, what excites him the most about certain bits of functionality, and a few fun questions toward the end like if he could write a book about anything, what would it be about?
And for those curious types that would prefer to jump to a specific question, you can find the timestamps and questions asked below:
- 00:18 – Who are you? What do you do? How long have you been doing it?
- 01:22 – Is Tachyon six years old?
- 01:54 – What is Nomad?
- 02:48 – How would you describe Tachyon?
- 04:00 – What’s the best part about being a Product Manager?
- 04:50 – What recent Tachyon updates are relevant for Nomad customers?
- 06:39 – What other new features in Tachyon are worth mentioning?
- 09:00 – What spurred on these recent updates?
- 10:10 – Any additional behind the scenes work paving the way for bigger releases in the future?
- 11:15 – Do you personally love anything specific about Tachyon?
- 14:37 – What’s a common belief about Product Management you disagree with?
- 16:07 – What’s a new initiative that has appeared on your whiteboard in the last 30 days?
- 17:03 – If you had 10x the budget you have now, how would you spend it?
- 18:00 – What’s something everyone in the DEM industry should stop doing?
- 19:19 – If you were to write a book, what would it be about?
- 20:35 – What is the biggest problem you or your team solved in the last year?
- 22:46 – Is there a question you wished I had asked you?
If you enjoyed learning about Tachyon why not check out our recent webinar exploring the latest Tachyon 5.2 updates here. If you want to see more video content check out the 1E YouTube channel today – and don’t forget to subscribe!