Tighter integration with SCCM – Supercharged Win7 deployments – Peer Backup – PXE Everywhere
London & New York – 25 July 2012, 1E, the global leader in IT efficiency software, today announced the launch of Nomad 2012™. The revised solution is tightly integrated with Microsoft System Center 2012 Configuration Manager (ConfigMgr), Microsoft’s latest Systems Management platform. Nomad 2012 integrated with SCCM, augments and leverages the existing SCCM 2012 infrastructure. It does not need another admin console or separate competing infrastructure and does not create a single point of failure.
Nomad 2012 brings the following enhancements to streamlined systems management:
- Supercharged Win7 deployments, using Nomad a US organization recently deployed Windows 7 to 39,000 PCs in just one month; we believe this to be a record.
- Peer Backup Assistant, which backs up a user’s customized settings then restores them, saving organizations from transferring data over the WAN again.
- Enhanced OSD utilities and WinPE support, which allows organizations to send operating system images to thousands of systems simultaneously.
- PXE Everywhere offers the ability for one machine to boot from any other on the network. It uses automated elections and dynamically selects a machine in a subnet to host bare metal OS builds so you do not need dedicated servers at disparate locations.
- Reverse Quality of Service (QoS)TM an advanced algorithm that calculates available bandwidth, protects business data and ensures that IT content never competes with the applications that run a business.
“These advances in Nomad 2012 demonstrate our drive to ease Systems Management pain across even the largest of enterprises,” says Sumir Karayi, CEO 1E, “We built Nomad 2012 to augment Configuration Manager so that Systems Management tasks do not compete with business applications. By only using spare network capacity for Systems Management there is never any disruption to the flow of business data. Combined with AppClarity™ and Shopping™, Nomad 2012 facilitates supercharged Windows 7 deployments.”
“Nomad Enterprise extends the core capabilities of Microsoft System Center 2012 Configuration Manager to help streamline systems management by making efficient use of available network bandwidth. Nomad is designed to deliver large software deployments, Windows 7 and 8 upgrades and patches across thousands of PCs, servers and sites while providing business continuity in a highly reliable manner. This way, IT managers have the tools they need to derive higher value and efficiency from their IT infrastructure,” says Brad Anderson, CVP of Management and Security Division, Microsoft Corporation.
“We are thrilled to have such a strong partner in 1E. The value that 1E has been adding to System Center for so many years continue to apply in 2012. Together, we provide among the best-of-breed solutions in the industry.”
Nomad is proven to remove 95% or more of servers in a Systems Management infrastructure and reduce the number of desk-side visits within an organization. It enables organizations to avoid existing and future investment in hardware and reduce administrative overheads significantly.
1E has sold three million licenses of Nomad worldwide. Customers include ERM, Saint-Gobain, The US Department of State, The West Virginia Office of Technology, and Verizon Wireless.