Confirming, in our opinion, what we at 1E have known for some time, the Now Tech report emphasizes the IT visibility gap when it comes to understanding end users’ experience with their workplace technology.
Being able to monitor, measure, and ultimately improve the employee technology experience has a multitude of benefits, including:
- Reducing technology-related disruption to employee productivity
- Tracking and quantifying the employee technology experience
- Collecting qualitative feedback on technology experiences
The functionality segments of End-User Experience Management (EUEM), according to Forrester
The Now Tech report identifies three functionality segments of EUEM with varying capabilities:
- Pure-play tools specialize in experience management. These vendors focus exclusively on employee technology experience management.
- Endpoint management specialists use experience telemetry to fuel remediation. These vendors integrate end-user experience management with an endpoint management agent, enabling automatic remediation of experience issues within the product.
- Monitoring suites provide visibility beyond the endpoint. These solutions are typically used to address issues with application design and UI and addressing performance issues that are outside of IT’s control (e.g., SaaS apps)
Where does 1E play?
1E is identified in the endpoint management specialist functionality segment. Indeed, our long history in this space has placed us in the perfect position to create products that help IT not only manage endpoints but transform how they are perceived.
As 1E’s founder and CEO, Sumir Karayi, puts it:
We believe the endpoint is not just a device; it’s an extension of the user. Particularly when working remotely, employees rely on their endpoints to feel part of the business, do meaningful work, and stay connected with colleagues. That’s why our endpoint management solution, Tachyon, was built on the belief that IT should have ultimate visibility and control of endpoints but also empower employees to really own them.
Tachyon is designed to be non-intrusive, requiring only a single packet exchange for most tasks, so as not to disrupt the employee when continuously collating live data. Unlike legacy endpoint management solutions, Tachyon works in real time so you can ask a chain of questions and get the required data in a matter of seconds. With task automation in the driving seat, we make it easy to remediate endpoint issues at scale to decrease incident volume.
How 1E augments endpoint management with end-user experience management
The workplace has become increasingly remote, casting a shadow over IT’s control over the endpoint estate and, perhaps more damagingly, putting great distance between IT and the business. Recent research by Vanson Bourne showed that 98% of remote workers believe endpoint performance is important, yet 53% experience slow-performing devices. Without the insight, endpoint issues can go overlooked and the end user is resigned to having to “put up” with a subpar device.
Tachyon Experience bridges the employee-IT gap by providing real-time experience analytics for accurate root cause analysis and remediation. We’re not a pure-play experience management solution because we believe the real power of end-user experience management is in the ability to act on experience data. That is, remediate issues, in real time and at scale, that impact the end-user experience.
Tachyon Experience collects four types of data that are aggregated into an experience score:
- Stability: A measure of the “crashiness” of apps or the OS to determine how often they crash or hang.
- Performance: A measure of device statistics, such as CPU utilization and process queues, I/O, memory, network, etc.
- Responsiveness: A measure of how the endpoint is reacting to end-user interactions, such as clicks, open rates etc.
- Sentiment: A subjective measure of the end-user experience collected through surveys to understand the end user’s perception of their endpoint.
Remediating endpoint issues
Tachyon Experience’s rich data is aggregated to provide an experience score per device or by group, such as location or device type. Our advanced drill-down features enable IT administrators to do further investigation into endpoint issues and perform root cause analysis at scale.
To enable real-time remediation, Tachyon Experience is deeply integrated with Tachyon Explorer, empowering IT administrators to remediate experience issues as soon as they are detected across the endpoint estate. Our deep integration with ServiceNow enables this same remediation process from the ServiceNow ITSM portal.
To learn more about Tachyon Experience, click here. Why not also sign up to our fall Work From Anywhere Enterprise Conference where we’ll be discussing how end-user experience monitoring can improve the experience of your employees even when they’re not in the office.