Enterprise Management Associates (EMA) conducted an objective and independent evaluation of two of the leading endpoint detection and response (EDR) platforms currently available: Tanium and 1E Tachyon.
The essential report for any organization considering investing in the ground-breaking EDR space is on sale for $99 through EMA, but can be downloaded here, exclusively, free of charge.
Recognizing today’s more dynamic end user computing environments, 1E architected its Tachyon solution to provide high-speed responses that are also much faster than traditional approaches to endpoint monitoring but without the need for linking endpoints in unmovable chains.
— EMA research paper: Adopting Effective Solutions in Endpoint Detection and Response (June 2018)
Key Findings & 1E Position
- Modern Architecture: Tanium’s architecture predates the mobile revolution.
- Support for mobile working: Tanium’s architecture is only ideally suited for static environments supporting non-moving PCs on dedicated LANs.
- Faster Response Speed: Tachyon offers a lower friction approach with faster performance than what is possible with Tanium’s peer-to-peer chain.
- Lower resource impact on endpoint: Tanium’s approach sequentially executes scripts locally on each endpoint, adding to network and CPU load.
- Extensibility beyond scripting: Tachyon’s process automation goes beyond Tanium’s support for just basic shell scripts (using SCALE).
- Broader Integration: Tachyon’s REST API provide easier, more reliable connections to third-party management solutions.